Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hello hello from NN2 - Jan. 13, 2010

It's been another exciting week in Newport News 2nd Ward. It's been so different here than 1st Ward. When I got to 2nd Ward they weren't really teaching anyone, so the teaching pool was zilch...only people who had no intentions of being baptized. Well I'm used to baptizing, so we decided to red zone to the end zone them (baptize or drop). Since Sis. Dickson and I've been together we've found over 30 new investigators. We had a zone conference yesterday and Pres. Millburn said he is really excited for us and this area. We are excited too! It's weird coming to an area that had missionaries and treating it like an area that didn't have missionaries. Oh and speaking of an area that doesn't have missionaries...Hampton. The missionaries were taken out of there before the end of this last transfer because of some drama going on and so there isn't anyone there now full time. But President informed us that he wants us to cover it until next transfer when hopefully someone will be put in there. Crazy! So we will be teaching the recent converts and the rest of the people they were teaching. So we should have a couple of Hampton baptisms this transfer hopefully. They were teaching a wife of a member and she was really progressing. Now we just need to go meet with her. I'm excited. I really like Hampton and I was actually hoping to get transferred in there sometime, so maybe I will next transfer! Sis. Dickson also randomly thought she would like to be in Hampton sometime too. So this works out pretty cool we get to work there. We'll probably go over there once a week or so.
So I was thinking of getting a haircut today. This ward actually has 2 ladies that do hair, but I think we will play volleyball instead. My hair is so long right now, it's crazy! Luckily my hair is pretty healthy.
We've been enjoying the oranges very much, thank you! Sis. Dickson's fave fruit are citrus and she says these are soooo good. Good as always!
That's awesome that grandma is going to get baptized! I'm really bummed she didn't do it 6 months ago!!! Haha.
Well stay tuned for the good news that will be soon to come from 2nd Ward. With good members and motivated missionaries there should be lots to write about soon.

I love you all and thanks for the letters. I love to get them from you.

Sister Talbot

No comments: