Tuesday, October 13, 2009

VRM Here I Come!

It's  been a very long week not knowing exactly were Katy is, but we finally received a letter today.  The mission president sent one as well as a picture which I hope to be able to put on as soon as we get our printer to scan.  Here is her letter and the mission president's letter, dated Oct. 7, 2009:

I am in Richmond and it's beautiful.  Like we have heard, there are a ton of trees.  The Millburns are great and really nice. 
Some of the missionaries have told us that our mission has more sisters than a lot of others out here.  That's really awesome!  And apparently they baptize a lot and find a lot of people who are receptive to the gospel - so they have been sending more missionaries here!  Other missions are losing missionaries, but not us.  That's really exciting.
I will meet my new companion tomorrow morning and then we go to work.  I'm nervous because you never feel prepared, but this is what I've waited over 10 years for.  I'm excited Neely's family will be ward missionaries this month.  She's going to be incredible.
The weather was amazing when we stepped off the plane.  I guess the weather in Richmond is pretty nice.  The elders that we have met so far have all been in the city for the most part, so we aren't too sure about the weather elsewhere.
We had an elder lose his wallet this morning and we had one in quarantine, so we had 12 traveling - 7 sisters!  I keep messing up when I write.  I am not used to handwriting - I've worked on computers too long! 
Well I'm here and made it safe and sound.  I love you and can't wait to write again and tell you about the work in the VRM.
I want you to know that I know my Savior lives and He atoned for our sins, so we can return to live with our Heavenly Father.  I know the Book of Mormon is true and it will bring us closer to our Savior than anthing else.  I love you and hope to hear from you soon!
Love ya, Sister Talbot

Dear Brother and Sister Talbot,
We were pleased to welcome your daughter, Sister Katy R. Talbot, to the Virginia Richmond Mission.  We love her already and are aware of her great potential to be an excellent missionary.  She spent one day with us receiving orientation, and she is in good health and good spirits.  Her drive and determination will be of tremendous help as she joins a wonderful group of missionaries already serving the Lord in this area.  Sister Talbot has been assigned to the NEWPORT NEWS Zone.  Her first companions, Sisters Danielle M. Cox and Kelli C. Case, are excellent missionaries and will do an outstanding job training your daughter for her service to the Lord. 
All mail and parcels should be sent directly to your missionary.  Her new address is:
602 River Bend Court #106
Newport News, VA 23602

No comments: