Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hello Again

So the myldsmail.net has started up this google email thing for us, so it gave me a new email address. It is now katy.talbot@myldsmail.net. The old one will still forward emails to my new one, but start to use my new one as soon as you can just in case.

We got transfer calls last night. Everything is staying the same. Sister Dickson and I will be together in NN2 again! We have been having a lot of fun and teaching and finding a lot of people, but still struggling to get these people baptized! This transfer we are really going to focus on and figure out what we can do and what we can change, so that these people will have the desire to become a member of the Lord's church. The "quality" of the missionary really affects the success in an area. It has been proven to me and I am convinced of it! So I need to figure out what I need to do to be a better quality missionary.

We had a lesson with a Hindu family this week. Hindu's have VERY different beliefs than we do, so we were so nervous! But when we got there the guy was like yeah I believe in Jesus Christ and that there is one "main" God. So we really had no need to be nervous. We taught the Plan of Salvation and he said he believed it all, but he doesn't believe in the important physical things like going to church, getting baptized, and well actually doing anything about his beliefs. So it was an "informative" lesson for him. But I've now taught a Hindu family!

We are now teaching this family from Burma...came here from Thailand though. They are awesome! They live in our apartment complex and we found them on one of the snow days when we went to check out the roads. The son is 16 I think and he speaks really good English. His parents speak little English, so we had him translate the first lesson for us. It went really well and they are excited about everything. We gave them the Lamb of God when we first met them and the son said he watched it 10 times. Hahaha. His name in Yinhoo (said yayhoo!), but he goes by Scott.

Hampton is getting new missionaries this week, so they have a set full time. We are sad to give it away, but it needs FT missionaries BAD! There is a lot of work to be done there. Maybe someday I will get transferred there...

Well I love you all and hope everything is going well! In my BoM reading I read 2 Nephi 31:20 today. I love this verse and it is a well used missionary verse. Do me a favor and pull out your BoM and ponder it and ask yourself what this means for you? How is this verse talking to you?

Well we are experiencing yet another snow storm. I remember Joseph Hamilton when I first got here telling me that we are lucky to get one snow the whole winter. This is time 5 or 6! It's so weird.

Love ya,
Sister Talbot

No comments: