Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Weekly Happenings

How is everyone doing? Thanks so much for keeping me in your prayers and for the letters of support. It's always good to hear from all of you and to see the pictures. I really love the pictures...it is true that pictures are worth a thousand words! I always print them off the computer and hang them by my desk, so I can see my family everyday!

This last week was good. We found a new investigator named Maritza and she is so great. We knocked on her door and asked her about church and she tells us that she is looking for one. Well isn't that divine. So we invite her to come and she said that she would need to pray about it. Haha, okay do that!!! So we hope she'll come this Sunday. We teach her for the 3rd time on Saturday, so we hope she is able to find the time to read the Book of Mormon this week and pray about it. She has had a lot of interesting experiences in life that has helped her become the woman that she is. She has 4 kids and they are so cute. Her family is from Puerto Rico, but she is from NY. I just realized that at least 3 of the people we are teaching are from NY.

We were able to teach Ramnine and Nunez both also and they are still just incredibly amazing. I think they are both at the place where they know everything we teach is true but aren't quite ready to be baptized. Ramnine is concerned about being able to live it when she is "on her own"...when they are at AIT, they have very strict schedules, so it's easy to come to church and get away. She wants to make sure she will still live it when she gets stationed somewhere. I am going to pray she gets stationed at Ft. Eustis! Haha It's a very legit concern that she has. We also have a new investigator named Henderson. She is catholic, but at basic training met a member and has a lot of interest in learning. We haven't taught her a full lesson yet, but have talked to quite a bit and given her some reading to do. She's really excited about reading the Book of Mormon and pondering and praying. Oh how I wish everyone could be like that!! Haha

So we had our interviews with President Millburn yesterday. He is such a great mission president and is very inspired. The sisters weren't going on exchanges this transfer, but I requested that we still go and he is having us exchange with NN1!!!!! Yay!!! So I get to go back to my old area for 2 days. I think it will probably be next week. I am super excited! I'll get to be comps with Sister Dunn who rocks and she came in when I left.

Well things are going good here. The people are great and so is the ward. It's growing a little bit, which is exciting. We've had some new people move in and a big less active family we didn't know about just showed up to church. That was so cool! I'm still enjoying the weather and haven't been suffocating with humidity yet. It's been so nice!

Oh I forgot to mention in my mass email that I met an elder yesterday who used to live in Eagar. He is the grandson of the Reynolds who live behind us. I remember Justine Wiltbank telling me about him, but had completely forgotten till I talked to him. He will be in Eagar over the next month probably. He goes home in a few weeks. He said he might stop by and say hi. Small world!

One of the spanish elders I served with is going home a little early for football. Guess where he's playing? Boise St. Sweet huh? His name in Lusk.

I love you all!
Sister Talbot

No comments: