Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Email from June 16, 2010 - Transfers again!

So these last 6 weeks have flown by sooooo fast. Probably the fastest so far. So I am staying in Norfolk 2nd Ward and will be companions with Sister Dunn. When we had exchanges last transfer and I went to NN1, she was my companion. So it'll be fun to serve with her! She was also trained by Sis. Cox. I haven't served with anyone trained by my trainer yet, so this will be sweet. Sister Woodruff is going to Newport News 1st Ward! So cool huh! She is being sent in with a missionary that is going home at the end of next transfer, so neither of them know the area. It's called being "shotgunned" into an area. Basically fresh eyes in an area. So Sis. Dunn and Sis. Woodruff are swapping out. I am so bummed to have Sis. Woodruff leave, but I am excited to have Sis. Dunn come. The area needs a change and their is so much potential.

We had our first harmonica lesson this last week. We learned part of A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief. It sounds pretty good, but I have a feeling it might die out with transfers...we'll see. These are the times when I wish I had a recorder :)

So something we've been using a lot this transfer are the mormon messages. Have you all checked out mormonmessages.org yet? There is some really good stuff on there! I love the one called We Are Christians by Elder Coleman. We used that one at Shekaylia's baptism. There are so many gems!

Last Thursday we had a mission conference. It was the last time to see Pres. & Sister Millburn because they leave in 2 weeks. Sad :( I know Pres. Perry will be awesome, but big changes are always hard. Missions are full of change, so you'd think we'd get used to it, but nope not really.

The Norfolk 1 sisters had a fireside last Friday night titled "Why I Believe". It was really good and we had some of the people we are teaching come. The fireside consisted of some recent convert testimonies, 2 musical numbers, and the high councilor over missionary work speaking. It was so good. We are going to try and have one a transfer from now on. But it got me thinking for myself why I believe. It's such a good question. The main reason is because it's true. This is Christ's church! The more I think about it the more I know that it is. In every way and every aspect it is the Lord's church. It just makes sense. I get so confused when people reject our message.

I was reading in Moroni 9 this morning and came across a few lines I really liked. In verse 6 I like "...nothwithstanding their hardness, let us labor diligently; for if we should cease to labor, we should be brought under condemnation;..." I like this a lot because as a missionary I have to keep moving forward trusting the work is being done how the Lord wants it to be. That every person I meet and every u turn we make was for a reason. Okay, if you haven't yet, read in Preach My Gospel under Hope.

Well I stink at updating you at what is going on with specific people. But at the mission conference I did get to talk to the elders who are now in NN2. They said that Nunez finally got baptized and Ramnine is getting baptized this Saturday. I hopefully will be there!!!! I am so excited for the elders to keep working with these people.

I love you all!
Sister Talbot

No comments: